Recipe: Blackened Salmon with Avocado Salsa
For the Salmon:
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 4 (6 ounce) pieces salmon
- 4 teaspoons cajun seasoning
For the avocado salsa:
For the avocado and cucumber salsa:
- 2 avocado, diced
- 1 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro, chopped
- 1/4 cup green onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- salt to taste
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom skillet over medium-high heat, add the salmon, seasoned with the Cajun seasoning, and cook until deeply golden brown to slightly blackened before flipping and repeating for the other side.
- Mix remaining ingredients and plate on top of salmon.
- Pour a chilled glass of My Rock Rosé and enjoy!
The acid from the salsa and the richness from the salmon work wonders to match the acid and body of this delicious dry rose. With each bite your taste buds will rejoice while the flavors of the wine & food sing on your pallet.