Recipe: Herbed Lamb Lollipops
These herbed lamb lollipops with roasted asparagus and tomatoes pairs beautifully with the newly released Stonemason Cellars Hammertime Red!
The light gamey flavor of the lamb and the herb blend work extremely well with our Hammertime Red. With each bite you will taste the flavors blending together. The acid in the tomato and asparagus takes this pairing home by matching the acid in the wine. Everyone will want more from this dinner and will ask you to make this over and over.
- Rack of Lamb cut into individual "lollipops" (We used 5 pieces for 2 people)
- 1 Bunch Asparagus
- 1 Container of Cherry Tomatoes
- 2oz Sage
- 2oz Basil
- 2oz Pack Rosemary
- 4 Garlic Cloves
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 2 Tbsp Butter
- 1oz Parmesan Cheese
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1 bottle of Hammertime Red
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Set asparagus and tomatoes on a baking sheet, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. When oven is ready place pan in and roast for 10 minutes. Set aside for plating
- While the asparagus and tomatoes are roasting, chop Sage, Basil, and Rosemary into very fine pieces. Take Lamb lollipops out, rub with olive oil, season with salt and pepper, then add the chopped herbs to the lollipops.
- Using a cast iron skillet or saute pan cook the lollipops over medium high heat for about 7-10 minutes flipping once to get a good sear on both sides. Timing depends on how you like your lamb, I prefer medium rare so I did it about 7-8 minutes. Set aside to rest and to plate dinner.
- Open a bottle of Stonemason Cellars Hammertime Red and pour yourself a nice glass of this red. The herbed lamb pairs beautifully with this wine and the asparagus and tomatoes will match the acid in this wine. Truly a match made in heaven. plus, you've got to have a little wine while you cook!
- Plate the Asparagus and Tomatoes, sprinkle with parmesan cheese, add the lamb lollipops and then garnish with extra chopped herbs
- Enjoy this pairing and check back next week for our next delicious recipe! Don't forget to post to social media and tag us if you try this out, we would love to see!