Recipe: Homemade Ravioli
This mouth-watering Waygu Beef, Sausage, & Ricotta Homemade raviolis pair perfectly with the wine we are releasing next week, stay tuned for pairing information!
Total Time: Takes about 2 hours all together but you can separate the steps to break up the work if desired.
- 3 Large Eggs, beaten
- 2 Cups All-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Kosher Salt
Mix all the ingredients in a bowl with your hands until a flakey dough forms, then keep kneading until dough is smooth and elastic (about 10 minutes). If using a stand mixer, you can knead with a dough hook. Cover dough with plastic wrap and let rest at least 30 minutes. You can make the dough a day in advance.
- 8 OZ Ground beef (We used Snake River Farms Waygu beef)
- 1/2 log of Ground Hot Italian Sausage
- 1 Oz Ricotta Cheese
- 1 Handful Italian blend shredded cheese
- 8 Oz Parmesan Cheese
- 3 Oz Chopped Basil
- 4 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1-2 Eggs(for egg wash)
- Heat up sauté pan and brown garlic, add beef and sausage to pan and heat until cooked thoroughly.
- Strain the mixture of the oil and set the mixture into a pan or bowl to cool in the fridge. Once cooled add ricotta cheese and Italian cheese blend to the meat and mix thoroughly. You want the mixture to be able to be balled up (so not runny).
- Take the pasta dough and cut into thirds. Roll out dough until dough is no thicker than a nickel. If using a pasta attachment, run through a few times on each setting (1-3 )until you get to size 4 on the pasta maker. Set each pasta sheet aside until all of the dough is finished.
- Drop the filling mixture on the dough by teaspoonfuls about one inch apart. Brush the outer edges of the pasta dough with an egg wash. Cover the filling with the top sheet of pasta, pressing out the air from around each portion of filling. Press firmly around the filling to seal. Cut into individual ravioli with a knife or pizza cutter. Seal the edges.
- Fill a large pot with lightly salted water and bring to a rolling boil over high heat. Stir in the ravioli, and return to a boil. Cook uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the ravioli float to the top and the filling is hot, 4 to 8 minutes. Drain well.
- Meanwhile, in a separate saucepan, warm the pasta sauce over medium-low heat. Add raviolis to the sauce pan to coat and then plate the raviolis. Garnish with parmesan cheese and chopped basil.