Recipe: Mushrooms, Onions, & Goat Cheese, Oh My!
This is the perfect crostini to pair with our Cobblestone Cuveé . The bright acidity in the Cobblestone Cuvée. should help break apart the fats in the goat cheese revealing the soft textures of the mushroom and the breadiness of the crostini.
Here is a quick recipe to throw together while enjoying this delicious sparkling wine with friends and family.
- Crostinis: You can buy the premade to cut down on prep time or use a baguette and cut into crostini pieces (about 1" ovals)
- Goat cheese: We used goat cheese with honey but most flavors at the store would be perfect with this recipe
- Onion: diced small for the same effect
- Mushrooms: We used Shiitake and sliced them to have more surface area for caramelization.
- Basil: chiffonade (finely shred) to the perfect garnish size to add just a little sweetness to the crostini
- Cut Crostini to size, brush with oil and brown in oven at 350 degrees. Check at 7 minutes but continue to bake until brown. If you use the premade set aside on a baking sheet.
- Sauté onion at medium heat and start the caramelization process. Stir to make sure onion doesn't burn.
- When the onion starts to caramelize add the mushrooms and caramelize with the onions
- When onion and mushrooms have a nice caramelization to them turn off heat and set aside.
- Take goat cheese and spread onto crostini. (add to your personal preference)
- Turn Broil on high in the oven and put crostini w/goat cheese in for a couple minutes.
- After 2 minutes pull out of the oven and top with mushrooms and onions, then add back to oven for 2 more minutes.
- Take crostini out of the oven, garnish with basil, pop open a cold bottle of Cobblestone Cuveé , and enjoy the party in your mouth.