Recipe: Roasted Beet Salad
This is the perfect spring/summer salad and will be a crowd favorite when paired with My Rock Rosé !
This wonderful red and golden beet salad brings out the light fruits on this beautiful dry Pinot Noir Rosé. The light acid from the vinaigrette, the creaminess from the goat cheese, and pistachios help elevate this food and wine pairing.
- 32 small beets
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 6 1/2 tablespoons canola oil
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup unsalted pistachios
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 6 ounces fresh goat cheese
- 1 cup microgreens or mâche
- In a baking dish, toss the beets with the garlic, thyme and 2 tablespoons of the canola oil; season with salt and pepper.
- Cover with foil and bake in a 350° oven for 30 minutes, or until tender. Let cool, then peel and quarter the beets.
- Transfer the beets to a bowl; if using golden and red, put them in separate bowls.
- Toss the pistachios with 1/2 tablespoon of the canola oil and season with salt and pepper. Toast in the oven for 5 minutes.
- In a bowl, whisk the vinegar with the olive oil and the remaining 1/4 cup of canola oil.
- Toss the beets with the vinaigrette, season with salt and pepper and arrange on a platter. Crumble the goat cheese on top and sprinkle with the pistachios and microgreens.
- Serve with My Rock Rosé and enjoy!