Recipe: Wonton Shrimp Tostada
After wonderful feedback from our pickup party guests, we decided we had to share this easy appetizer with the world! If you are looking for a wine to pair this with, you should definitely gra yourself a bottle of Cobblestone Cuvée to drink alongside it.
The fresh acidity of our Cobblestone Cuvée allows this sparkling wine to cut through the fat of the aioli and elevate the shrimp and lemon pepper taste on the back end of your palate
- 1 pound wild caught mini shrimp - cooked
- 1 package egg roll wonton wrappers
- 1 Bunch of Fresh Dill
- 1 Cup Canola Oil
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 2 Tablespoons Lemon Pepper
- 2 Tablespoons Salt
- 1 Lemon - Zested and Juiced
- A pinch of ground coriander
- A pinch of Turmeric
- A Pinch of Ginger
- A Pinch of Cinnamon
- Quarter the shrimp and place in a large bowl.
- Add Mayonnaise, seasonings, lemon juice, and lemon zest to bowl and mix until combined.
- Cut wonton wrappers into quarters.
- Heat up a pan of oil on medium-high heat.
- Using tongs, lightly fry each side for 45 seconds or until golden brown. Place on a paper towel to cool.
- Place the tostada on a plate and top with shrimp mixture then garnish with a sprig of dill.
- Grab a bottle of Cobblestone Cuvée and enjoy this quick and easy pairing!
If you end up trying this recipe please reach out and let us know how it went, we would love to hear all about it!